- Friction – Often the underlying culprit as this puts pressure on the heels, soles and toes especially for those on their feet for extended periods of time
- Poorly fitted shoes – Shoes that are too tightly or too loosely fitted can rub against the skin causing friction and irritation
- Excessive moisture or sweat – This is much more likely to occur in warmer weather (like our Australian Xmas!) and can trigger bubbles to form under the skin
- Get your shoes properly fitted at either a trusted shoe retailer or by our expert Podiatrists
- Invest in socks with padding especially at the heel, forefoot and toes
- Learn how to lace up your shoes specifically for your foot type to avoid slipping or rubbing
- Keep your feet dry through manual drying with a towel, foot powder and moisture-wicking socks
- Have blister products handy such as band-aids, gel pads or Steigen blister prevention socks!
- Give your feet a rest if they start to hurt!
What are Steigen Socks?
Steigen socks are anti-blister socks. They have been specifically designed to include Lycra as a key element of their socks.
Lycra assists in preventing blisters in two ways – its reduces moisture build up and also prevents friction from occurring. Steigen have an anti-blister guarantee, so you can be rest assured that blisters will become an issue of the past!
If your feet are already suffering, hit the button below and book yourself in to see one of the team!